|1828 in Bathurst, NSW.|
|1903 in NZ.|
|St Paul's churchyard, Papanui, Christchurch, NZ|
|William Lane (1792-1855)|
|Catherine Tom (bpt.1800-1854)|
|Alice Jane Erskine (1834-1904nz) Iredale in 1852 in Goulburn district, NSW.|
|Marian Bedford Lane (1853-) (m. 1877 John James Thompson)|
|Emmeline Hurst Lane (1855-) (m. 1875 Arthur William Cleveland)|
|Kate C Lane (1856-)|
|Alice T Lane (1858-)|
|Florence Lizzie Lane (1860-1943) (m. 1883 Charles Alexander Wells)|
|Lancelot Hannibal Lane (1862-1902nz)|
|Beauchamp Lasseter Lane (1864-1924)|
|Elliot Heathfield Lane (1866-)|
|William Hannibal Lane (1867-1868nz)|
|Helen Maud Lane (1871-) (m. 1889 George Gould)|
|MR. WILLIAM HANNIBAL LANE, J.P., ex-Member of the Christchurch City Council, third son of the late Mr. William Lane, J.P., of Orton Park, Bathurst, New South Wales, was born at Bathurst in 1828, and educated at Bradley’s School, Parramatta. He followed pastoral pursuits in connection with his father’s estate in New South Wales. Mr. Lane held a commission as Justice of the Peace under Governor Fitzroy for the whole territory of Australia. In 1862, he removed with his family to Christchurch, having previously purchased the City Mills from the late Mr. Inwood. Mr. Lane was a member of the Christchurch City Council in its early days, also a director and for some time chairman of the gas company soon after its formation. He is now a director of the company. Mr. Lane was on the board of the first Investment and Loan Association from its commencement until its expiration, and held a similar position in the present Permanent Investment Association. He was also one of the first directors of the “Press” Newspaper Company. Mr. Lane is a life member of the Agricultural and Pastoral Association. He married in 1852 a daughter of Mr. Lancelot Iredale, of Sydney, and has three sons and three daughters living. [undated]
Another report says:
Arrived in Canterbury in 1862, aged 35.
Married Alice (1834-1904), who is also buried here with their three sons, William, Sydney and Elliott.
2nd Owner of the City Mill.
Prominent member of the Anglican Church.
Promoted the building of Anglican churches at Merivale and Sumner.
Director of the Press Company, Chairman of the Christchurch Gas Company, and a founder of the Canterbury Club.
Leased the mill to John Aulsebrook of the confectionery company.
1888 the mill closed, and he let it be used by the Baptist pastor, as a house for destitute men.