|25 May 1811 at Trelanvean, St. Keverne, Cornwall, England.|
|1 January 1895 at Ashfield, NSW|
|Bathurst Cemetery, NSW|
|John Smith (1781-1840)|
|Elizabeth Cock (1786-1853)|
|Mary Tom (1818-1912) on 12 September 1842 at Kelso, NSW.|
|Fergus Jago Smith (1843-1924)|
|Lancelot Noel Smith (1845-1931)|
|Emily Janet Smith (1846-1928)|
|Edwin Ambrose Smith (1848-1908)|
|Claudius Smith (1849-1933)|
|Fanny Blanche Smith (1851-1935)|
|Helen Evangeline Smith (1853-1945)|
|Anne Smith (1855-1938)|
|Mary Edith Smith (1857-1925)|
|Wallace Arabin Smith (1859-1891)|
|Jessie Gertrude Smith (1862-1945)|
Arrived in Sydney in April 1836 on Abel Gawer. On arrival wrote to John Glasson claiming friendship because they had come from neighbouring areas of Cornwall. Had also an introduction from the then secretary of state for the colonies (Lord Glenelg) to the Governor, Sir Richard Bourke. Became a station superintendent in the Wellington district based on Molong run, concurrently acquired sheep and runs. In 1847 he built Gamboola outside Molong on the main road from Orange. Acquired many stations on watersheds of Lachlan and Macquarie Rivers; settled sons on Boree Cabonne, and other stations. Purchased Bathurst c.1865. Helped establish church and school at Molong; president of first show. Foundation member of Union Club in 1857.
Son of John Smith, farmer and Elizabeth Cock. Married Mary William Tom on 12 September 1842 and had issue 6 daughters and 5 sons. Was an MLC. Commissioned as a Justice of the Peace in 1850. His son Fergus Jago Smith was also a Member of both the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council; a daughter, Emily Janet Smith, married Sir George Innes, also a Member of both the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council.
Church of England.